Hello Wordle – From Linux SYSCalls to SHA-256 Hashes, I Compiled Every Programming-related Wordle
2 min read • ––– views
Wordle is a basic web game you can only play once a day, for free. Last year, it took over the web.
I like it, you like it. Naturally, many clones have followed - including carbon-copy apps attempting to make money off the hype.
I decided to dive deep into as many software/programming/dev-related Wordle-inspired games as I could find.
These are fun, imaginative brain games with clever (often punny) names. Here are some of my favorites:
- Cryptle: do you know cryptography? Motus rules!
- Crypto Wordle: Have you drunk the kool-aid of web3? Test your crypto lingo…
- SEO Wordle: SEO-themed word guessing
- Passwordle: guess the password
- SHA-256 hash Wordle: this password-themed one is close to impossible
- Hello Wordl: set the number of letters for the game
- Errordle: guess the error message
- Wordlix: guess five letter POSIX commands or library API names
- Syscordle: guess Linux x64 SYSCALLs
- Unicodle: guess valid 5-digit code points of Unicode
- Emojidle: guess the emoji using Unicode characters
I’ve also found less unique Wordle clones in many, many different programming languages. This list is by no means comprehensive:
- Reactle: React - Github
- Gordle: Go- Github
- VVordle: Vue- Github
- Faradle: Kotlin - Github
- Furdle: Flutter/Dart - Github
- Weirdle: Next.js - Github
- Perldle: Perl - Github
- Typescriptle: TypeScript - Github
- Sheetle: Google Sheets - Video
- Svordle: Svelte - Github
- GDWordle: Godot - Github
- WorldeCLI - PHP/Docker - Github
- Cordle: C - Github
- Wordlet: Rust - Github
- WordleDS: C++ (for the Nintendo DS) - Github
- Javadle: Java - Github
- ZXWordle: Basic - Script
- Wordler: R - Github
- Wordle97: Visual Basic - Github
- Wordel: Lisp Emacs - Github
- WRDL: Lua - Pico-8
- wordle.sh: Bash
- tsqlwordle: T-SQL - Github
- WORDLOS: DOS/Assembly - Github
- Palmle: Palm OS - Github
- PyWordle: Python - Github
- Wordle CE: Texas Instrument Calculators (like my trusty TI-84) - Github
Finally, this one may not be programming-related, but I love Grootle (and I'm amazing at it 😉).
If these Wordle clones have you feeling burnt out, try Nordle - the daily "no-word" guessing game.
Did I miss one? Share it with me on Twitter!
Join my newsletter PrintInPublic
Get my blog posts right in your inbox, plus a peek at what I'm working on! I love sharing tech articles and videos a curious person may find fascinating.
🎉 - subscribers